Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pray,Pray,Pray!

The Difference
I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish that I didnt have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task.
"Why doesnt Allah help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didnt ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty but the day toiled on gray and bleak;
I wondered " Why Allah didnt show me?"
He said," But you didnt seek."
I tried to come into Allah`s presence;
I used all the keys at the lock,
Allah gently and lovingly chided, "My child,you didnt knock."
I wake up early morning and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray...


Take the time
I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do
I had to hurry and get to work
for bills would soon be due
so I knelt and said a hurried prayer
and jumped up off my knees
My muslims duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease
All day long I had no time
to spread a word of cheer
no time to speak of Allah to friends
They`d laugh at me, I`d fear
no time, no time , too much to do,
That was my constant cry
no time to give to souls in need
but at last the time,
The time to die
I went before the Lord
I came, I stood with downcast eyes
For in his hands Allah held a book
It was the book of life
Allah looked into his book and said
" Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down
but never found the time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i bumped into this site and took note of the poem you have here, isn't this a poem from an author unknown? because i could vaguely recall reading a poem similar to this, however stated "my christian duty" instead of my "muslim duty".

kindly clarify tks!

Ida.s said...

Hello there! I got this poem long time ago and sorry I cant recall where and yes its from author unknown.. I guess somehow ppl might have change some words in these poems..I kinda like the idea of these poems - basically no matter what religion you are, you must be sincere in taking the time to pray..